1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Darksiders Genesis in Proton

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Dec 7, 2023.

• by booman, Dec 7, 2023 at 7:14 PM
  • booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Darksiders Genesis is the 3rd installment of the Darksiders franchise and provides a new top-down world view. Not only that, co-op has been implemented so you can jump, shoot, slice and combo all the minions at your noteworthy desire! Play War and Strife in singleplayer or co-op as War and Strife in this prequel to Darksiders 1. Work together to solve level puzzles, find secret areas and slay every single minion and boss!

Genesis ran perfectly from the first time I clicked Play! Of course I checked protondb to be sure it would run before I purchased two copies. I am able to play the campaign with my wife and no serious bugs or issues. In fact some of the protondb posts say there are game-stopping bugs, but I haven't seen any yet and we made it through 3 chapters so far. Also, my Xbox controller works perfectly in Steam and Proton.
    No launch options here, just select Proton Experimental or Proton 8 and enjoy!

Mint 21.1 64-bit
    GeForce GTX 1650
    GTX 950 (other PC)
    Nvidia 535
    Proton Experimental 8

genesi-0.jpg genesi-1.jpg genesi-2.jpg genesi-3.jpg genesi-4.jpg genesi-5.jpg genesi-6.jpg genesi-7.jpg genesi-8.jpg genesi-9.jpg genesi-10.jpg genesi-11.jpg genesis-17.jpg genesis-16.jpg genesis-15.jpg genesis-14.jpg genesis-13.jpg genesis-12.jpg genesis-11.jpg genesis-10.jpg genesis-9.jpg genesis-8.jpg genesis-7.jpg genesis-6.jpg genesis-5.jpg genesis-4.jpg genesis-3.jpg genesis-2.jpg genesis-1.jpg genesis-0.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2023
  • Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Dec 7, 2023.