1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dying Light

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Apr 7, 2024.

• by booman, Apr 7, 2024 at 3:13 PM
  • booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    The city of Harran is in a devastating zombie apocalypse and there are small factions of survivors who can't escape. Join a friend in co-op and explore a massive city using parkor skills to traverse any terrain! Loot buildings, level up skills, help the locals and of course... slay zombies in all manner of goriness you can imagine! There are so many ways to kill mindless biters... Dying Light is a zombie sandbox.

Initially I tried the native Linux version of Dying Light and it ran very well! I Think it ran better than with Proton, but unfortunately in co-op every time we entered a safe zone the game would crash. After researching I found that Proton handles the game well and we never had any issues with the crashing.
    I doubt there will ever be a fix because Dying Light 2 has already been released and I'm sure they are working on another game at this point. Maybe Dead Island 2?

If you do want to try the Linux version, be sure to add this launch option:
    Code:
    __GL_IGNORE_GLSL_EXT_REQS=1 %command%
    Mint 21.1 64-bit
    GeForce GTX 1650
    Nvidia 535
    Proton Experimental 8

dlight-42.jpg dlight-41.jpg dlight-40.jpg dlight-39.jpg dlight-0.jpg dlight-1.jpg dlight-2.jpg dlight-3.jpg dlight-4.jpg dlight-5.jpg dlight-6.jpg dlight-7.jpg dlight-8.jpg dlight-9.jpg dlight-10.jpg dlight-11.jpg dlight-12.jpg dlight-13.jpg dlight-14.jpg dlight-15.jpg dlight-16.jpg dlight-17.jpg dlight-18.jpg dlight-19.jpg dlight-20.jpg dlight-21.jpg dlight-22.jpg dlight-23.jpg dlight-24.jpg dlight-25.jpg dlight-26.jpg dlight-27.jpg dlight-28.jpg dlight-29.jpg dlight-30.jpg dlight-31.jpg dlight-32.jpg
  • Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Apr 7, 2024.