1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eternal Evil Prologue in Proton

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Jan 31, 2022.

• by booman, Jan 31, 2022 at 1:06 AM
  • booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Eternal Evil is a first person survival shooter made by one person. This is no run-n-gun shooter but instead more of a survival horror with story, weapons and puzzles. Each level is very small but packed with zombies and detail. Finding weapons, ammo and health is no easy task when zombies are clawing at your back. Each zombie walks, moves and attacks with physics instead of animation. They crawl on the ground, bump into objects and smack other zombies. Be careful, if they feed on you they become powerful and almost impossible to kill. Even objects in buildings are completely interactive with physics. Use books or chairs to slow down zombies.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1604260/Eternal_Evil_Prologue/

I'm absolutely amazing how detailed and intense this game is! I had to play through the Prologue several times to make it a bit further. Ammo is very limited and you have to be careful how you use it. Run out of ammo and you are dead. I can definitely see the Resident Evil influences here and love the graphics style using Unreal Engine. The Prologue is completely free, so give it a try with Proton, but depending on your video card, you may have to lower some of the graphics to play smoothly.

Specs:
    Mint 20.2 64-bit
    GeForce GTX 1060
    Nvidia 470
    Proton 6.3-8

eternal-0.jpg eternal-1.jpg eternal-22.jpg eternal-2.jpg eternal-21.jpg eternal-3.jpg eternal-19.jpg eternal-4.jpg eternal-18.jpg eternal-5.jpg eternal-16.jpg eternal-6.jpg eternal-15.jpg eternal-7.jpg eternal-14.jpg eternal-8.jpg eternal-10.jpg eternal-13.jpg

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Jan 31, 2022.