1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fallout Show

Discussion in 'Random Nonsense' started by booman, Dec 6, 2023.

1. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Can you believe it??? Amazon is creating a Fallout show...

I have mixed feeling because most game to TV productions are pretty awful, but then again Rings of Power was Amazing!

Seeing the Trailer makes me think this has been in production for a while... I love what I see so far!
  2. Gizmo

Gizmo Chief Site Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    Agreed, I'm excited but also really nervous.

Umm...have you actually READ The Silmarillion? I found Rings of Power to be rather distasteful, at least based on the previews. I supposed I should actually go watch at least one episode to see if I'm misjudging, though. :rolleys:

I watched both seasons of 'The Wheel of Time' and I was really iffy about Season One, but I felt like they started hitting their stride in Season 2. One thing I finally realized with 'The Wheel of Time' though, was that I had to stop judging it by the books. If you constantly compare it to the books you'll be disappointed; there's a lot the changes, and some of it makes you go "uh, whut?". If you just take it on its own merits though, it's actually not too bad. Not as good as the books, IMO, but not too bad.

Maybe I need to that with "Rings of Power"? Dunno.

Well, again, the trailer looks pretty good, but we aren't actually seeing anything of the STORY. The cut showing the T60 armor and the reference to Vault 33 (a heretofore unknown vault) makes me suspect that it's probably set sometime around the Fallout '76 timeline. I haven't played F'76, so I don't have an informed opinion on that setting.
  3. booman

Home page:
    I'm actually playing Fallout 76 at the moment... along with Borderlands 2, The Witcher 3 and Darksiders Genesis.
    I know, too many games!

I tried to watch "The Wheel of Time" with my wife and I couldn't stand the bad dialog and acting. I couldn't even finish the first season. She continued to watch it but eventually gave up.

So there is a chance Amazon could ruin Fallout for us...
  4. Daniel~

Daniel~ Chief BBS Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    they can't possibly do worse than they did on "the last of us" boy what a stinker
    booman likes this.
  5. Daniel~

Home page:
    I'm attached at the hip to Borderlands 2

Playing at the Ultimate level, Big mistake! Except for my main auto guns nothing I have can kill anything. This makes things tedious as hell But I'm plowing my way though.
  6. booman

Home page:
    Nice! I love Borderlands 2!
    One of the coolest games ever made!
    I played through it with both of my daughters and it was a lot of fun. Such a long game!

I watched a few episodes of Fallout and while it was well made I didn't really like the story or the dialog. So I never finished it.
  7. Daniel~

Home page:
    just saw an add for borderlands, the movie .couldn't tell tool much but they have a tiny Tina so I'm in. and it seemed to be going for comedy that seemed fair if a bit riskyl
  8. Daniel~

Home page:
    It's d own to me and the warrior in borderlands 11., I've been here before and expected a grind but this is on the ridiculously repetitive side