1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Help] I need some help installing Portal 1 on my potato laptop

Discussion in 'Crashed!' started by TI-Thor, Dec 13, 2021.

1. TI-Thor

TI-Thor New Member

Hello again, I'm trying to play Portal 1 on my laptop, and despite the game runs perfectly fine with all settings on low and on 640x480 resolution, the game renders really weird, some elements don't show correctly or doesn't show at all and everything looks super bright and washed up and it's a pain in the butt to resolve a puzzle that way, now, the other thing is that I own an original copy of Portal and Portal 2 on Steam, but since Valve deprecated the 32bit client I can't use my original copy so I downloaded a cracked version (it's not illegal if I legally own the game), and I just installed it using Wine because there is no PlayOnLinux installer independent from the Steam Client and gives me a SHA256 checksum error.

Now what I need is someone who tells me which configuration I need to install the game manually using PlayOnLinux instead of just Wine, thanks in advance.

PD: I will upload some screen caps soon so you can see what I mean.
  2. Gizmo

Gizmo Chief Site Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    Hello TI-Thor!

I'm sorry that no-one has responded to your plea for help. At the moment, I have no clue what your problem might be, but hopefully Booman will see this and come by with some pointers for the installation part for POL.

[edit]
    I see there was another thread started and you got help there, so ignore me. :)
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2022