1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IndieBox

Discussion in 'Games' started by booman, Apr 17, 2014.

1. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Subscribe and receive DRM free games in the mail.
    https://www.theindiebox.com/

Who would have thought this would work?
    Kinda seems a bit "Gimmicky" but it just might work to help Indie developers and more DRM free games to rise up.

There is a chance you might receive games you already own as well.
    They claim full Linux support and you should probably "like" their facebook page to see which games are currently being selected.

IndieBox seems very similar to GOG.com but they send you games each month in a box with a Flash Drive.
  2. Daerandin

Daerandin Well-Known Member

Home page:
    That is certainly a nice initiative they have started with that. I know a lot of people like the old game boxes. There was something to those boxes.

That reminds me about my first encounter with the Gothic series. I had not heard of the series prior to this, but I saw the game box for Gothic 2 at a local game store. The box had some nice box art with a warrior engaged in battle against a dragon. I read a bit on the back of the box, but it was actually the front box art that made me buy it. Turned out to be one of my all time favorites.

The only thing I don't like is how you don't get to pick what game you want, but I suppose they have to do it like that to have ensure an income.
  3. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    I used to go to Bookman's just to look for used games and would find an interesting game in a case/box. If it sounded cool and the tiny screenshots were impressive enough, I would purchase it.
    This however seems kinda risky...
    I'm not sure why they require a subscription, but I would rather search for the games I want.
    Not to mention there are a LOT of bad indie games out there.