1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Left4Dead 2

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Mar 17, 2022.

• by booman, Mar 17, 2022 at 12:32 PM
  • booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Left4Dead 2 is a zombie apocalypse co-op shooter made by Valve with the Source engine in 2008. The story follows 4 people who are trying to survive zombie hordes with a movie-esque cinematic feel like the classic horror movies. Enjoy slaying all kinds of zombified humans and special mutated monsters with classic weapons like machetes, pistols, shotguns, UZIs and much more!

Play co-op with friends or solo with 3 bots and hack your way through running hordes of zombies to the safe house. Left4Dead 2 even includes all the maps from Left4Dead 1. Now you can play the entire story!

Valve was nice enough to port Left4Dead 2 to Linux so we can host games and join games without any need for Proton or Wine. You may notice a bit of stutter in the beginning of the video, but other than that it runs beautifully! I have hosted this game in LAN parties for years and it has always run great! There was only one instance where my game kept crashing. There was a recent update and something must have gotten corrupted because when I did a "Verify files" it ran perfectly after that.

Specs:
    Mint 20.2 64-bit
    GeForce GTX 1060
    Nvidia 470

leftdead-52.jpg leftdead-51.jpg leftdead-50.jpg leftdead-1.jpg leftdead-2.jpg leftdead-49.jpg leftdead-3.jpg leftdead-48.jpg leftdead-4.jpg leftdead-44.jpg leftdead-6.jpg leftdead-40.jpg leftdead-11.jpg leftdead-14.jpg leftdead-19.jpg leftdead-20.jpg leftdead-21.jpg leftdead-27.jpg leftdead-29.jpg leftdead-31.jpg leftdead-35.jpg leftdead-5.jpg

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Mar 17, 2022.