1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Middle Earth: Shadow of War in Proton

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Apr 7, 2023.

• by booman, Apr 7, 2023 at 10:39 PM
  • booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor was an amazing action game following the epic adventures of Talion. In Shadow of War its basically the same game but with some new skills and ability to recruit captains into your own army and take over strongholds. Play again as Talion and utilize the wraith skills of Elven Lord Celebrimbor. Slay thousands of orks, ride caragors and encounter drakes. Even the nemesis system still exists when you are executed by a captains, warchiefs or overlords. Discover their weaknesses by interrogating worms and exploit them by slaying with fire, stealth-kill, poison, creatures and even cause them to run in fear!

When you recruit a captain into your own army, later they can be upgraded and moved from stronghold to other strongholds. The combinations are limitless. Even the combinations of wraith skills are limitless.

Specs:
    Mint 21 64-bit
    GeForce GTX 1650
    Nvidia 515
    Proton Experimental 7.0

Shadow of War ran really well from the first time I tested it. I did turn down a few graphical settings, but otherwise left almost everything on high. At one point I upgraded my Nvidia driver to 525 and SOW framerate dropped so low that it was unplayable. Desperate to resolve the issue, I downgraded back to 515 and it now runs fine! There have been a few glitches and bugs, but I'm not sure if its Proton or just bugs you would see in Windows as well.

shadwar-1.jpg shadwar-2.jpg shadwar-3.jpg shadwar-7.jpg shadwar-11.jpg shadwar-19.jpg shadwar-22.jpg shadwar-23.jpg shadwar-25.jpg shadwar-26.jpg shadwar-30.jpg shadwar-32.jpg shadwar-33.jpg shadwar-34.jpg shadwar-35.jpg shadwar-36.jpg shadwar-37.jpg shadwar-39.jpg shadwar-40.jpg shadwar-41.jpg shadwar-42.jpg shadwar-45.jpg shadwar-47.jpg shadwar-50.jpg shadwar-53.jpg shadwar-54.jpg shadwar-55.jpg shadwar-56.jpg shadwar-57.jpg
  • Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Apr 7, 2023.