Mirror's Edge Catalyst in Proton

In this sequel continue your adventure as Faith after being released from Juvi...
Re-unite her with your parkour team of rag-tag misfits changing the world one jump at a time.
Everything you want in a parkour game is here! Huge city, unlimited rooftops, jump tricks and melee combat!

Catalyst introduces some new features and builds on the previous edition:
  • Focus
  • Momentum
  • New combat moves
  • Gadjets
  • Skill upgrades

Of course when you run Mirror's Edge Catalyst the Origin client installs and forces you to login. I've never understood a client-in-a-client with these companies??? I'm so thankful Diablo IV doesn't require Battle.net in Steam! Origin seemed to install and login just fine, but I never actually had to run the client. I did get some server errors when launching the game, but I click "OK" and continue playing. My gaming laptop runs Catalyst just fine on medium settings. In fact the game is beautiful on medium, so I'm curious how much better it would be on high settings? There is the usual frame stutter when Vulkan is processing shaders, but other than those few items, it plays wonderfully! I'm so impressed with Proton and Linux allowing me to play Windows games without all the havok and pain of Windows.

medge-0.jpg
medge-1.jpg
medge-2.jpg
medge-3.jpg
medge-4.jpg
medge-5.jpg
medge-6.jpg
medge-7.jpg
medge-8.jpg
medge-9.jpg
medge-10.jpg
medge-11.jpg
medge-12.jpg
medge-13.jpg
medge-14.jpg
medge-15.jpg
medge-16.jpg
medge-17.jpg
 
Back
Top