1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My first public tool

Discussion in 'General Linux Discussion' started by Daerandin, May 23, 2016.

1. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Except he's in the Netherlands :)
  2. Daniel~

Daniel~ Chief BBS Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    Then stand fast, you'll always get mine.":O}
  3. Daniel~

Home page:
    So?
    oh wait isn't that one of those countries that protect personal freedom?
    Now why would they do that?
    booman likes this.
  4. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Sure that's not Norge? Or Norway in English. Fine country and people, they can afford to be more neutral than their rapidly leaning hard right neighbor to the east.
    No person, place or thing is above the capabilities of Snoopmasters Intl., Inc. Say no more, say no more. Things change as you age, I once found Monte Python to be hilarious. Have all of their work on DVD's. No longer amusing. That's a bit of a shame. Oh wait, the "Angus Podgorny and Tennis Playing Blancmange" episode is still funny.
  5. Daniel~

Home page:
    Don't you just hate it when a treasured movie or show of one's youth fails the test of time?
    There have been movies I have waited decades to come across again, only to learn I waited to long.
    Yes, Monty P. unfortunately is one. Each week I waited for the Big M.P.
    could always count on my enjoying myself.

Now it kinda just makes me sad to watch, strangely, it still makes me happy to remember watching it.
    "Good Times, Good Times"
  6. Daerandin

Daerandin Well-Known Member

Home page:
    cloasters is correct, booman. I'm in Norge (or Norway for you english speakers), which is quite a bit north from Netherlands, and across the sea as well.

Our laws regarding personal freedom and privacy are strong, with one little exception. If a copyright holder suspect that your IP might be infringing, then the copyright holder can legally ask your ISP for your most recent internet traffic, as long as it is reported to the police that they will look over your internet activity. Despite this law, there has not been a single legal case yet. Personally I just believe it is too easy to get access to someone's recent online activities, hence the usage of a VPN which will make it impossible to get any information about my internet usage from my ISP.
  7. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Oops, sorry Daerandin... I knew it started with an "N" but keep forgetting.
    Your VPN sounds extremely valuable in that case
  8. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

"Good Times" was a tv series that sort of told it like it was to be Black and poor in America. 1974 to 1979 iirc. My best pal really loved it but I found it to be a bit too realistic to enjoy.

Norway is particularly blessed in many ways. Sometimes It's said that every citizen is a millionaire from the oil being pumped up offshore. I gather that Oslo is amazingly expensive, but it's always something. Personally it's far too cold for me, but I doubt I'll ever see the country. The 1994 Winter Olympics took place in Lillehammer, north of the capitol, Oslo.

Off topic, Steven Van Zandt (aka Little Stevie, guitar player for Bruce Springsteen) starred in "Lilyhammer," as a mobster in Witness Protection sent to hide in Norway. He doesn't hide very well, the guy just HAS to be a crook. Three year tv series that was on Netflix. Not a bad show, imho.