1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outlast

Discussion in 'Games' started by JessicaBella0187, Jul 5, 2018.

1. JessicaBella0187

JessicaBella0187 New Member

I love horror games. The Penumbra and Amnesia games are of course games I have played and loved (hated) playing. But it is obviously quite some time since I last played a good horror game.

So I decided to give Outlast a try. I heard it is supposed to be quite scary. Thinking I should be able to handle anything after Amnesia I started it up feeling pretty confident.

I am all alone in my apartment, time is almost 3 am. I don't have any lights on because we have 24 hour sunshine this time of year. But with the curtains only limited light gets in.

So you enter this asylum at the beginning of the game, everything is pretty run down. You also have a camcorder with night vision, quite an interesting game mechanic. However, for some reason holding that camcorder up make me feel more vulnerable, but you need it up if you want to use night vision.

The game started in a way similar to a lot of horror games, creepy sounds and the like and also seeing movement and shadows. Then as I am about to open a door, something moves almost right in my face, I don't see what it is I just pause the game and throw off my headphones and I'm not writing this. Game is still running, paused, but I am hiding it behind this nice browser so I have some time to calm my nerves.

So far it seem pretty good.

Oh and I am playing the GOG version, on wine 1.7.21 and the dxfullsetup library. Everything seem to be working well. I did have to disable GLSLsupport since I as having some odd graphical issues otherwise.
    booman likes this.
  2. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Thank you for confirming that Wine is still working really well for Linux games.