1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Zomboid

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Nov 3, 2021.

• by booman, Nov 3, 2021 at 12:30 PM
  • booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Project Zomboid is not another zombie game!

Your character isn't going to run around with a chaingun mowing down hordes...
    Your not going to hear one-liners or see finishing moves in slow motion...

This is not a typical horror survival game...

Project Zomboid IS THE PERFECT SURVIVAL HORROR GAME!!!

https://www.gog.com/game/project_zomboid

Customize your character class, strengths and weaknesses, then find yourself in the middle of a Kentucky county... in a zombie apocalypse! Exploration and looting is absolutely key for survival. Find food, board up windows, craft all kinds of useful items and level up your skills. Read books in order to learn how to farm, build, disassemble, engineer and customize just about anything you want. Eating and sleeping are absolutely necessary to retain energy!

This is a slow moving game where you plan every movement and life-risking choice:
    • How many weapons and how much food should I carry because it slows me down?
    • What if a security alarm is tripped... will it attract a horde of zombies?
    • Should I stay at one safehouse until all resources are gone?
    • Should I keep moving across the entire county looking for more loot?
    • I hear something but can't see it... do I risk going upstairs?
    • The cut on my arm is infected and I didn't grab the disinfectant at the last house... do I go back?
    Anything can happen and will happen! Are you prepared???

Performance:
    Clearly Project Zomboid will run on just about any hardware. There is no tessellation and specular bump mapping here. All the details are in the story and functionality. My GeForce GTX 1060 ran everything perfectly. In fact, the developers are happy to give us a Linux native version! On top of that, there is local hosting (listenserver) where you can play co-op with friends at no extra cost.

Specs:
    Mint 20.1 64-bit
    GeForce GTX 1060
    Nvidia 470

zomboid-6.jpg zomboid-0.jpg zomboid-1.jpg zomboid-2.jpg zomboid-3.jpg zomboid-4.jpg zomboid-7.jpg

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Nov 3, 2021.