1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rage... mouse wrapper issue

Discussion in 'Games' started by backplate101, Nov 28, 2015.

1. backplate101

backplate101 New Member

hey everyone.

so i purchased RAGE on steam and the install went perfect. during the in-gameplay when i try to look right the mouse jitters slightly and i find myself repeating the movement. i know this is a mouse warp issue, however i tried the various methods to solve this problem such as using "force" and "normal" etc . but this did nothing.

I also tried as suggested in the wine page to create a config file and add these lines :

// Increase mouse sensitivity and use 2-tap mouse input filter to fix "jerky" mlook
    m_sensitivity 10
    m_smooth 2

but this did nothing either.

JUst a thought though, when i set my custom resolution to full screen as well as add the argument -fullscreen. whatever i do i still have unity bar and top menu bar appear during gameplay. im wondering if thats whats causing the issue with the mouse warp problem.

anyone got further ideas on this? thanks
  2. mrdeathjr28

mrdeathjr28 Active Member

In my case works

System specs

Nvidia Drivers 358.09
    Linux Mint 17.2 Raffaela XFCE Edition 64Bit - Kernel 4.0.0-040000-generic (ubuntu mainline)
    CPU: INTEL Pentium G3258 (Haswell 22nm) 4.1Ghz + Artic Cooling Alpine 11 Plus
    MEMORY: 8GB DDR3 1333 (2x4) Patriot value (dual channel: 21.3 gb/s)
    GPU: Zotac Nvidia Geforce GT630 (GK208 28nm: 384 Shaders / 8 ROPS) Zone Edition Passive Cooling 2GB DDR3 1800Mhz 64Bit (14.4Gb/s)
    MAINBOARD: MSI H81M E33

This test have around 1 hour of duration and mouse works without problem

However since wine 1.7.55 and 1.8 rc1 come with fix for mouse turnaround issue case: batman arkham asylum, batman arkham city, risen 1, risen 2, risen 3, legend of korra and many others with this bug

:)
  3. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Yes, definitely try a newer version of Wine than the one I used in our Rage Guide.
    Also, make sure to use the virtual desktop in Wine Configuration.
    That seems to fix most mouse problems. I don't remember having that problem in Rage, but I did in some of the games mrdeathjr28 mentioned
  4. backplate101

backplate101 New Member

sorry for the late response. i got carried away playing rage. i eventually sorted the issue of the mouse problem by playing the game in windowed mode.

as for the pop-out texture problem ( where its blurry at first and then it focuses it adjusts the graphics correctly) i found a post whereby someone had a fix for this issue. go to your steam app and in the settings of the game, in the launch requirements type this in the field:

Code:
    +set vt_pageImageSizeVmtr 16384 +set vt_pageImageSizeUnique 16384 +set vt_pageImageSizeUniqueDiffuseOnly 16384 +set vt_pageImageSizeUniqueDiffuseOnly2 16384 +vt_restart+cvaradd g_fov 96
    it fixes it. however the only issue is when you rotate, the edges of the scene seem warped. but its nothing to worry about. its a better improvement.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2015
  5. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Thanks for posting your solutions!
    You may want to try the new Wine 1.8 versions to see if some of these issues are fixed.
    For some reason I don't remember having this problem in Rage... :(
    With AAA games there always seems to be some minor bugs in Wine, but they end up playing nicely. I've been playing Mass Effect 3 and it runs really well, except when Origin crashes, but then I launch Origin again and continue playing. Annoying but still great that ME3 runs!