1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stormrite in Proton

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Mar 11, 2021.

• by booman, Mar 11, 2021 at 9:01 PM
  • booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Stormrite is an in-development Open World RPG in a fantasy medieval world. Chose a class like archer, knight, assassin, mage and more... then weild realistic weapons and hack down your enemies. This public test version will put you in a small mountain arena where you can practice using the weapons, learn the physics and controls of the characters. The physics are pretty realistic like Chivalry, where each slice or arrow will contact their body and react accordingly. Its fun to watch how they recoil and swing realistically where you open yourself to danger if you are too offensive.

https://kerds78.itch.io/stormrite

Proton handles the demo fairly well in PlayOnLinux and I was able to play indefinitely by reloading the level every time my character died. I can't wait to see more locations and the "open world" the developers are advertising... but the weapons and realistic physics are top-notch and pretty fun. The demo is developed in Unreal Engine so it is helpful to have Media Foundation installed. I was unable to run the demo in stable Wine or staging versions of Wine.

Specs:
    Mint 19.3 64-bit
    GeForce GTX 1060
    Nvidia 460
    PlayOnLinux 4.3.4
    Proton 5.9 64-bit

stormrite-12.jpg stormrite-11.jpg stormrite-10.jpg stormrite-9.jpg stormrite-8.jpg stormrite-7.jpg stormrite-6.jpg stormrite-5.jpg stormrite-4.jpg stormrite-3.jpg stormrite-2.jpg stormrite-1.jpg stormrite-0.jpg

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Mar 11, 2021.