1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Styx in Proton

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Jan 21, 2021.

• by booman, Jan 21, 2021 at 5:18 PM
  • booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Traverse and assassinate in an epic world created by Cyanide Studios. Play as the mysterious goblin who will unfold his origins in a world of greedy men and elves. Use clever stealth abilities and assassinate with powerful skills. Each massive level consists of multiple routes to your objective making re-play exciting. Level up your skills and meet interesting characters who help you on the way.

https://www.gog.com/game/styx_master_of_shadows

I initially created a guide on Styx years ago and Wine could barely handle the game. Any time I looked up into the distance there was a huge CPU spike and the game slowed to a crawl. Today, Proton handles the game perfectly and I've never experienced a single frame rate drop!

Specs:
    Mint 19.3 64-bit
    GeForce GTX 1060
    Nvidia 460
    Proton 5.13-5

styx-1.jpg styx-2.jpg styx-19.jpg styx-18.jpg styx-17.jpg styx-16.jpg styx-15.jpg styx-14.jpg styx-13.jpg styx-12.jpg styx-11.jpg styx-10.jpg styx-9.jpg styx-8.jpg styx-7.jpg styx-6.jpg styx-5.jpg styx-3.jpg

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Jan 21, 2021.