1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very basic Intel processors security problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cloasters, May 4, 2017.

1. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

2. Gizmo

Gizmo Chief Site Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
  3. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Si, senhor. I've seen no way to address this in Linux, though their are alleged fixes available in Winshmoes.
  4. ThunderRd

ThunderRd Irreverent Query Chairman Staff Member

Home page:
    They're firmware fixes, they apply by flashing the mainboards and their chipsets. It isn't OS-specific, rather it's chipset-specific.
  5. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Does this mean that my motherboard manufacturer (in this case Asus) may have an update?
  6. ThunderRd

Home page:
    I would think you have to hound your mainboard manufacturer for the fix, yes. If I'm wrong [ and I could be] I'm sure Gizmo will pipe up and correct me.
  7. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Thank you, ThundrRd. You know, I still have no idea how to say "Asus" properly.
  8. ThunderRd

Home page:
    Meanwhile, in good old North Korea:
    51-best-pictures-of-kim-jong-un-looking-at-things-v1-u2.jpg.a2417c16a69513a3b1c149e385c06db0.jpg
  9. Daniel~

Daniel~ Chief BBS Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    "I would be honored to meet with him."
    D.j. Turrumpett

Come on TR be fair! You know Gizmo doesn't just correct us when we are wrong! ":O}
  10. Daniel~

Home page:
    It's pronounced "Asus" The quotes are silent. ":O}
  11. Gizmo

Home page:
    Right and Wrong and such absolutist terms. I prefer to think of it as providing alternative facts.
  12. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

LOL! Sausage in all forms is bad for the eater. Perhaps Kim yadda just can't get enough? That yellow color is truly nauseating.
  13. ThunderRd

Home page:
    Our man really likes to look at stuff. Maybe they made this from the above gunk.
    kim-jong-un-looking-at-bread.jpg
  14. Daniel~

Home page:
    Oh you mean the facts that dictate a 760 Billion tax cut in order to deliver health care to those who can already afford it.

I have never seen men in public life so openly brand themselves as representing pure evil.

24 to 26 million no longer to be covered in order to give a 760 billion dollar tax cut to the richest

Now there's a plan we can all get behind....

There's a plan to bring about revolution.

It's a shame that those ill inform people in town halls are so unwilling to sacrifice those they love to the Republican grand design.

Wow! you know it;s just possible that this is so blatant that the Trurumpt voters, and yes they will be by FAR the hardest states hit by this if this bill comes to pass. Will actually at last understand just how bad the trurumpet is for our health and wellbeing.

Or...they can just start burying their kids.

How did you not see this coming? I'll tell you how! You did see it coming!! You just thought it was coming for the minorities in our fair land. Did you never think that stupid white folks might be our largest minority?

Cause it's the stupid folks who vote the interests of the rich condemning their kids just to elevate the rich.

I just have to ask! Where in the Bible does it say that the powerful should" just grab" our female relations "by the pussy" You vile hypocrites!! Your as Christian as Trurumpet is wise and kind.

But being stupid you can't see that stupid never gets away with anything. You will pay for the evil you have supported in Christ's name, you will pay. "The bible tells me so."
  15. Gizmo

Home page:
    Three things about this that are particularly galling:

1. The Republicans have been campaigning for the last 6 years on 'repealing Obamacare'. They won the House in 2012, didn't do anything. Won the Senate in 2014, didn't do anything, Got Congress and the Whitehouse in 2016 and went 'uh whut?'. You'd think if you'd been talking about something since 2010, you'd actually have a plan ready to go when you got the chance to do something different.
    2. The Republicans lambasted the Democrats for forcing a bill through Congress and voting on it WITHOUT READING IT. And they were quite right to do so. And then they went and did the EXACT SAME THING.
    3. The Republicans complained that Obamacare still left a lot of people not covered, and they were quire correct to point that out. Yet this plan leaves even MORE people not covered than the PREVIOUS plan.
    How is this better, exactly?

I surely hope the Grand Juries that are being convened find some people guilty of treason.

I'm dead certain that Hillary committed treason in Benghazi. But this entire ADMINISTRATION seems to be guilty of it.
  16. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Mercy (yeah, sure we'll see it) we are being whipped with dangling bits of sharpened metal. It feels bad. Allegedly, most of those that voted for Trump the Destroyer are happy with their choice. Yes Virginia, Americans tend to be stupid as bricks.
  17. Daniel~

Home page:
    Guess who fired Comy! Said it was cause Comy was just so unfair to Hillery during the election...had nothing to do with the grand juries starting to issue subpoenas.

The man who carried on a tweet war with Rosy O'Donnell and defamed her in any way possible says he didn't fire him sooner as he didn't want to defame a good man. Yes trurumpet we have all marveled at your past restraint!

It may take a year or more, but I don't see him escaping treason charges and jail time...if he does, were screwed!

It's going to be a long year I think with infraction after infraction piling up until the republicans are afraid to continue defending him. As we know them to be cowards, it's just a matter of who they fear more.

Health care bill should wake a few of them up.
  18. Daniel~

Home page:
    We won't get anywhere until we get single payer. It's a measure of the corruption that neither party has even said the word...But Berny did!
  19. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

This Mr Ossof that the Dems are pushing for in Georgia said he was not in favor of single payer. A good Blue Dog, that's what he is. I don't support any Blue Dog Dems. In fact, the entire Dem Party is stinking like old fish. Yes, they aren't quite as cruel as the Republicans are, but they try to catch up!

IMHO, of course.
  20. Daniel~

Home page:
    Come on George! There's like 26,000,000 miles between what the Dems gave the American people and the now $720,000,000,000 tax break for the top 2 percent gained by dumping the poor... mostly in the 11 states that voted hardest for the truumpet.

I'm pretty sure this time in history will come to be known as the putin presidency.

The Dems are hampered in everything they do by the Republican slime.

But the Dems didn't organize the marches The Dems are using them to good effect, but they are not running the show. "Anonymous" in conjunction with other Unaffiliated political action groups did.They are terrifying Republicans as we speak":O}

Think about that! political action groups that are liberal and progressive, but owe NOTHING to either party.

I think we are one or two revelations away from the republicans having no choice but to begin an independent
    prosecution.

Right now, the real problem is what do we do after we imprison the entire administration, individually and collectively it's pretty obvious they committed many treasonous acts.

Gosh! I hope Bernie is still available! ":I}