1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something new and horrible

Discussion in 'Random Nonsense' started by cloasters, Aug 14, 2019.

1. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

2. Kaitain

Kaitain Active Member

For EU citizens, the lucky souls, the EU will no doubt look very closely at this move by the FBI, and how it fits in with the GDPR and their own jurisprudence. Expect to see FB and friends back in court until they come up with a plan to keep EU data separate.

For we unfortunate soon-to-be-non-EU-citizens, well... even if we'd stayed members, England* is a member of the Five Eyes information leaking club, so what's known to one spook agency gets communicated to the others. This already happens in contravention of any other directive, so our privacy's a total foxtrot uniform anyway.

* from here on out, there's no point in referring to the UK or GB, as that's the next political institution to fall apart...
  3. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Those in charge are hell bent on Brexiting. The little people SHOULD realize that this will only make their lives much worse.
    I'm no authority on today's last hours of the UK. The Brexit thing is complicated as hell. As long as Cambridge Anylitica is all for it... I mean, they gave us The Horrid Lump--so how can they be bad?

Gawd you just gotta love Biggest Brother. I feel so safe in their good hands. After all, all they are doing is saving me, er, us from those Terrorists.

Yet the plain and honest truth is that we have become the terrorists supreme. I am so proud of that. I am so proud to be an American!

Perhaps I should say more fittingly, I am zo prroud to be a White Supremacist!!! Gimme a gun, I'll go git them terorrist futhermuckers. I already did it once, barely can walk in my old age, yet the spirit is willing. It seems that dying is the only way to escape this horror brought from hell all the way up to Earth.

As long as the rich are deliriously happy...

BTW, you have big brass ones to brave life in danger zones to protect your family.
  4. Kaitain

Kaitain Active Member

At this point, I'm starting to think that the only way to lance this particular boil is to go for the meanest, nastiest, hardest Brexit possible. There are a number of politicians, including our own PM, whose careers are defined by agitating for separation from the EU, and who will always agitate for such. There is too large a subset of the population that has bought into their narrative to ignore.

The problem with this agitation is it's more destabilising than simple hostility - they simply add doubt to every decision, and distort subjects just enough that Britain always ends up making half-hearted decisions instead of the bold actions it requires to address its own structural problems within the EU.

If the UK were to revoke article 50 and remain in the EU, the agitators will play their games over generations on a "betrayal" narrative, meanwhile giving our government licence to do nothing to fix its faults, as there's always the great demon of the EU to blame. If the UK were to leave in an orderly manner with any kind of deal, the agitators will find fault with it - no matter what happens to the UK after exit, it'll be painted as the EU's fault and a failure of "the deal."

Pretty much the only way to silence this group is to give them exactly what they want - good and hard, up to the hilt, without any lube, the hardest of hard Brexits, abandoned by the EU, sidelined by the Commonwealth and shafted by the USA*.

Only then can a suitably humbled Britain get over itself and its Imperial past and engage with its nearest and dearest in a humble and constructive manner.

Bring it on, and make it hurt!
    cloasters likes this.
  5. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

It's awful how politicians are so good at making the public think that it's always someone ELSE'S fault when the politicians screw the hell out of the little people. There are more little people by the hour. The ruling class are by definition mean, nasty cruel and heartless monsters that have us by the short hairs.

It may well be far too late for the little people to rise up against these most evil ones. I can't speak about Britain, it's been more than half a century since I lived there. But the USA may be doomed without one iota of a chance to reverse this mad downhill rush. The controllers are doing their level best to have and control it ALL.
  6. Kaitain

Kaitain Active Member

In the grand sweep of history, universal suffrage and liberal democracy are anomalous. We're just returning to the historical average.
    cloasters likes this.
  7. Daniel~

Daniel~ Chief BBS Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    Shit K you have organized and clarified something I've been trying to gain a better understanding of.

My own thoughts tend to put pootie putten at the bottom of both the US and EU's steaming pile.

Why has the world allowed this second world ass hole a free hand in our democracies?

Trumpy has now proclaimed himself "The Chosen one" right after he finished talking about the Jews.

boris doesn't seem to known that this will all fall upon him while his pal pootie walks away from him and tummy laughing.

Pootie doesn't seem to know that once tummy and Moscow Mitch is gone there will be a reckoning and Russia will not do well with Britain, the US and EU all howling for pootie blood. I think the general consensuses will be
    "yeah you screwed us rally badly. Now lets see if we can help Russia into a new and degraded state of being. All nations understand revenge. One thing populations understand is betrayal.

These guys never seem to see ahead any further than their own ambitions.

Sorry got sucked into the morass again. I meant to just say thank you for the clarification.":O}
  8. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

History, gotta acknowledge it. I'm so happy that I'll have a happy and long life! I must be too sensitive to and sympathetic with the well being of that proverbial man in the street. Wow, did I get placed on the wrong planet!

As Maxwell Smart (a tv character of one of Hollywood's best television entertainments) liked to say,
    "And loving it!"
  9. Daniel~

Home page:
    All he wanted was at buy Danish, just a few, descendants. Then Denmark's really terrible leadership had to get
    "Nasty"
    OK so now He WON'T buy Greenland we'll see how they like that!!

Now if he can just get the disloyal Jews to vote shit head in the next election...

This is a man who makes friends everywhere he goes.
  10. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

How such a Grand Malicious (and how) Fool became our presnit still boggles what's left of my mind. Thank you Electoral College. Our sainted Founders put that in place as one last defense against the will of the people.

Nearly three million more votes for Hilary than the Hideous One. The people be damned. And we are with a capital D.

The Dems chose an extremely un-popular candidate for 2016. And they will again. It's in their Fascist Fellating nature. Gasp? It's the simple truth brudda.
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  11. Daniel~

Home page:
    yeah...''why did you have to go and pick him to be on your side?'

Bob Dylan
  12. Kaitain

Kaitain Active Member

As if to prove the point - the unelected leader of a minority party has just obtained the agreement of the hereditary head of state to suspend the democratically elected legislative and executive branches of government in order to deny them the ability to interfere with said leader's unilateral position.

Does that mean we're now a dictatorship? Answers on a postcard, please....
  13. Daniel~

Home page:
    Democracy isn't something we have a lot of experience with. So we stumble along as we go.
    Worse democracy has a butt load of enemies.

Foremost of which we don't raise our children to be democratic. We teach them blatantly stupid things, like
    "everyone should vote in their own interests." When Democracy should seek the good of all.
    Everyone should vote to further the interests of everyone.

I don't see a dying democracy, I see one being born.and trying to learn how we might all progress together.
  14. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Ouch! Surely you don't think that this quotation applies to me? If so, how??
  15. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

I am truly sorry that it has come to this. And in the Mother Country?
    Thank your monarch for being such a fan of Democracy.

We have one on our side of the North Atlantic too. But his physical appearance alone would in any fair world keep him below decks, shoveling coal. Into his mouth, of course.
  16. Daniel~

Home page:
    sigh, no George not unless you voted for him. Which judging from you posts, you did not.
    Unless there's something you want to tell us? ":O}
  17. Daniel~

Home page:
    1,000,000 signatures in 24 hours telling Boris putin where to stick it.

You might still come though this OK, Kaitlin, just so damn embarrassing.
    We (America) Were just so damn sure we had the idiot of the year sewn up with tumor
    leading the parade of fools. Well we haven't lost yet.

Boris hasn't tried to buy Greenland or Nuke hurricanes, all he wants to do is kill England's economy.
    and maybe have a few statues of him self with a mop on his head, hey he stole that from tumor.
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  18. Kaitain

Kaitain Active Member

Maybe not, but he'll be after a land war before too long, to prove he's got the stones to stand alongside Churchill. This'll be an interesting proposition, as we've run our armed forces down to the point that we can't actually police our territorial fishing waters without help from France...
  19. Daniel~

Home page:
    If someone is selling stupid pills they are cleaning up in the capitols of the world
  20. Daniel~

Home page:
    As we walk this weary old would we very much must watch out step.Always outnumbered always out gunned
    Fourth with I shall always bear in mind the 46% of my countrymen vote for the most obvious idiot I ever saw.
    George Bush formally the worst pres. in American history, voted overwhelmingly so by historians.

Now poor mr bush is a second rater. If anyone ever does a worse job, this country is finished... We might yet be....