1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World of tanks not installing

Discussion in 'PlayOnLinux' started by Red Baron, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Red Baron

Red Baron New Member

You did see the text file that I finally was able to send too though right? If you do a search for port you should see where it is claiming a couple of ports can't be opened. I think I'm going to try an external USB drive, with a fresh install of the OS and try to "prove" it is an existing OS problem and NOT something else. I don't know what else to do to try to solve this. Ideas?
  2. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    The only significant errors I see are these:
    • err:d3d:resource_unload Resource 0x32c6a08 is being unloaded while mapped.
    • err:le:CoCreateInstance apartment not initialised
    • err:winediag:wined3d_dll_init The GLSL shader backend has been disabled. You get to keep all the pieces if it breaks.
    • err:le:CoGetClassObject no class object {6c736db1-bd94-11d0-8a23-00aa00b58e10} could be created for context 0x1
    d3d error could be driver related.
    GLSL is the error you get when disabling it in the Display Tab.

I'm not sure about the other two.
    There are a lot of "fixme's" for Fonts and internet explorer.
    But I've always been told that "fixme's" aren't very important. They are not breaking your game.
  3. booman

Home page:
    By the way, can you play any other games on your computer?
    Say Drakensang?
    If you have the same problems with other games, then I would definitely say its your hardware/driver setup.
    If not, it might just be World of Tanks
  4. Red Baron

Red Baron New Member

I have always had errors by the handful, but just assumed it was Windblows crap that wasn't critical. I know it is hard to reverse engineer some of that stuff.

I believe the ONLY error affecting game play for me is the broadcast port number error messages. The game fires up and loads. It then blows up only after attempting to log into their server.

As far as other apps. I have Picasa from Google, and I did have Call of duty 4. I just tried to fire it up and it won't load, but it has been a long time since I ran it.

I'll try to play with it later today or tonight and report back. OH! I noticed in the debug area, there is the name of the game log file and a "default" log file. Is this also something I should looking at? It claims gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so is missing and it gives the path where it is. However, the file is actually there. I'm guessing it is a permissions thing. It is set as -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 71628 Oct 18 2013 /usr/lib/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so.
  5. booman

Home page:
    Yeah, try another quick game and see if you get any strange errors. I would recommend Drakensang since its only a 9MB download and sets up with almost nothing.

Not sure about that log. You could try to open it with text editor. It might have the same errors you have already posted.

Did I already ask if you are running a 64-bit Linux Distro? Are you using the 32-bit Wine and 32-bit Virtual Drive as per the guide?
  6. Red Baron

Red Baron New Member

->Yeah, try another quick game and see if you get any strange errors. I would recommend Drakensang since its only a ->9MB download and sets up with almost nothing.

Is this supposed to be a playonlinux supported game? It is not showing up for me. ??

I am running a 64 bit linux, but if I recall it has to be a 32 bit wine installation for playonlinux. Not positive about that.
  7. booman

Home page:
    When you use "Wine Manager" in PlayOnLinux you can select 32-bit or 64-bit Wine
    Then when you follow my guide, I instruct to install 32-bit virtual drive.
    You can try 64-bit, but only a few have experienced good results.

If you can't find Drakensang on the list in PlayOnLinux, then do a manual installation like my World of Tanks Guide.
    I'm actually posting a step-by-step guide on Drakensang this Friday morning.
    If you can wait, I'll walk you through every step. Its the easiest game of all
  8. booman

Home page:
    I posted the Guide today for Drakensang. give it a try, super easy and will help us to know if your video is causing these problems.
  9. timeh

timeh New Member

Im having the exact same errors cant figure out what you've done.
  10. booman

Home page:
    Why do I have a strange feeling that World of Tanks also updated to QT5, thus breaking the installer?
    I'll have to research if others are getting this installation problem as well.
    I will also try the installer as well.
    If I have any success, I'll definitely update the guide.
    Thank You
  11. booman

Home page:
    I was able to install the basic files in order to start the Launcher and begin downloading the game.
    Try downloading a newer version of wine like 1.7.35 or 1.7.36
    Also, you can select Windows 7 in the Wine Configuration
    And... you don't need IE8 anymore.
    Try these steps.
    I'll download the game this morning and tonight will check if it runs. then I'll update my guide
  12. booman

Home page: