1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it time to self quarantine"

Discussion in 'Random Nonsense' started by Daniel~, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Daniel~

Daniel~ Chief BBS Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    I caught up with Spain today. They our completely over whelmed. patients line the corridors, no bed no blanket no pillow, deathly ill,dying beyond poor Spain's ability to help. They are about to go completely under. The medical stall is sick or worn out. Once the hospitals fail they will be picking up corpses in the streets.

Unable to deal in any other way with the number we will resort to mass graves.

That many do not have to die to destroy us. It already has us with our heads under water, how long before we start to drown?

We will adapt our strategy. We will except our losses act to slow it down with no hope of stopping it. until we have a vaccine or cure.

England and Europe lived with the black and red death for 300 years.

London was never abandon or shut down. It was stop and you starve, go and you take your chances with the plague, but you eat.

It shouldn't be lost on any one that killing humans is great for the planet.

grounding air craft alone should help quite bit. But I don't see over population
    being addressed until Climate change is in full swing.

"Basically the worst parts of the bible"
    danrok likes this.
  2. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

The People in Charge have had it all planned out for decades. There are simply too many of us that don't qualify to be considered worthwhile people. Funny thing is that the "Worthwhile" people are such vicious animals that their "Qualification" for their "set" is set firmly in the sewer.

Makes me proud to be a human every 91st day.
  3. Daniel~

Home page:
    I would have to say your mistaking unavoidable consequence for planning.

A man starts a war to make money. His family get bombed to shit.

It doesn't mean he planed to kill his family. It just means that he couldn't see beyond his immediate greed in order to weigh the consequences.
    In short you give the rich to much credit. They are not planners, they are not thinkers, they are just mindlessly rich.
  4. Daniel~

Home page:
    as you probably know i live 40 miles from the nearest town. I'd guess that maybe a hundred places line the way. We are only 12 trailers none house more than two people.

And Covid 19 has found us.

One of our Park mangers was working on a roof last a while back with a guy who tested positive.

He's sent out a text informing us of the situation.So far no symptoms.

Patti's last contact with Wes was 9 days ago, it was outdoors and very brief, he handed her a package.

At this point in time I'd say we are likely in the clear. As Wes is approaching the all clear.point.

Meanwhile trummy is playing the disappointing sociopath who can't understand why god would mess up his economy like this.

Stay safe stay apart. Allow your heart to miss those you love.
    Reunion is among the most joyous of human events.

Reunion completes a cycle and brings with it the new harvest.

America Is going under and nothing can stop it.

But this country has been down so many times it looked like up.
    We've been up so many times and always forget what down looks like.

We are going to get an indelible memory of what down looks like.

And then in the fullness of time Reunion.

Many will not be there. Most will only be there because others fell in getting them there.

Then those who know only their own empty arms in the time of reunion will want to know why their country, the richest country, the number one country ate it 3 0r 4 times worse the next incompetent country.

America is going to show the world what Covid-19 can do!
    and it will be a picture painted in blood.

We saw snap shots from abroad. Didn't impress our government one bit.
    So trumpppy order a full scale portrait of death.

We are two weeks to a month from asking people they bring out their precious dead and leave them on the street for safe disposal.

Do I really think it will get that bad or did I get lost in my rhetoric?

I see it now to be almost inevitable. Many cities may collapses into a complete and all but total inability to feed let alone treat their sick.

Stupid rarely goes unpunished in nature. We have been incredibly stupid as a nation. Now our citizens must pay.

But this time of darkness must pass and all things must past. History will record the absolute failure of our federal government to help us.

Like wise history will record the war fought by a dozen Governors to save all that they could save.

The heroes and villeins will be unmasked
    and then time will pass and we will once more be our careless selves.
  5. Daniel~

Home page:
    Mean while in Emuclaw

If you are having trouble reading this email, read the online version.
    [​IMG]

To Our Patients and Community:
    Thank you for your continued support and understanding as Valley Medical Center continues its response to the COVID-19 outbreak. As this is an evolving situation, we want to keep our community informed when operation statuses and policies change, as well as when new ways to connect with and receive care from Valley are implemented. Therefore, we are starting a weekly e-newsletter to keep you up to date on what’s happening. Updates are also posted on valleymed.org/publicadvisory.

[​IMG]
    Upper Respiratory Evaluation Tents at 3 Convenient Locations
    Valley has implemented Upper Respiratory Evaluation Tents at our North Benson and Covington South Urgent Care Clinics, and at Newcastle Primary Care Clinic. The goal is twofold:
    • To quickly rule out those who aren’t infected by COVID-19, but who may have strep, flu, or other illness.
    • Identification of patients who might be infected and need COVID-19 testing.
    All patients are being screened before entry into the clinics, and those with potential COVID symptoms are masked and sent to the Upper Respiratory Tent for evaluation and triage, including labs and x-ray. If other illnesses are ruled out and COVID is still suspected, those patients will be scheduled for evaluation at our centralized COVID testing site.

We expect a surge of patients, so please bear with us if lines are long. If your symptoms are mild and can be managed at home, please do not go to a clinic or emergency room. Our providers are doing everything possible to meet expected community needs, keeping our patients and caregivers as safe as possible.
    New Visitor Policy and Patient/Visitor Screening Process
    Valley understands that families and loved ones are an important part of the healing process. However, due to the COVID outbreak, we must take extra steps to protect our patients, staff, visitors and community.
    For hospital appointments, clinic appointments, patients admitted to the hospital or in isolation:
    • Visitors are generally NOT allowed.
    ONLY 1 support person is allowed for:
    • Patients in the Emergency Department who are not in isolation
    • Patients undergoing surgery or a procedure
    Only 2 visitors per day are allowed for:
    • End-of-life patients
    • Birth Center patients: 1 partner and 1 validated doula
    • Minors, Pediatrics and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) patients: 2 banded parents or caregivers
    Please Note: In the limited cases where 1 or 2 visitors are allowed, multiple visitors may not trade-off within a single day to visit or support the same patient.

[​IMG]
    All Visitors Will be Screened Before Entering Hospital or Other Clinic Buildings
    As an added precaution, all patients, visitors and staff are screened when entering the hospital or clinic buildings.

• Visitors with respiratory symptoms are NOT allowed (fever, cough, shortness of breath)
    • While visitors will not be given masks, they are welcome to wear their own
    Visitors who pass screening will receive a sticker signifying they have been cleared once screening is complete.
    Clinic Operations Changes
    During this response, some clinics and providers may be temporarily relocated, and clinic services and schedules adjusted to address urgent patient care needs. This may result in appointment cancellations, limited appointment availability, or location changes for previously scheduled appointments. Some clinics are temporarily suspending services. Patients will be notified via automated call or MyChart message if their appointment has been changed. Please visit the Clinic Operation Changes page for current clinic status.

Children’s Therapy families, please click here for a clinic update.

Support Valley with a Donation
    The COVID-19 global pandemic has caused major disruptions to the supply chain. With the expected surge in patients over the coming weeks, we are asking for the community’s help. A donation of any amount will allow us to purchase items that are critical to the safety of our patients, staff, providers and our community. Click here to make an online gift.
    In addition to cash gifts, we need folks who can sew masks, those who have critical supplies tucked away in their garages that could be used for healthcare, and those who may have untapped connections with suppliers. Read here for items needed and where to drop them off.

Thank you for your love and support,

Your Valley Caregivers

We try our best to only send content you're interested in receiving.
    Use the link below to set your preferences.

To update your email preferences, click here.

Valley Medical Center
    400 S. 43rd Street Renton, WA 98055
    View privacy policy
    [​IMG]
  6. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Let's assign pure evil to the rich. They became rich by evil actions, if they are not planners and thinkers they hire people who are.
  7. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Talk about fiddling while real people burn. The insanity of many Americans just floors me. More ignorant phucks, oops, ignorant savages love the Bump from hell than ever. As a nation it is perhaps a death sentence that we fully deserve.
  8. Daniel~

Home page:
    95 % of the rich became rich the old fashion way...they inherited the
    money.
    Evil by definition can never be pure anything. Evil is the negation of the good.
    Evil simply prevents the Good from flourishing. Without the good to negate evil could have no existence. Evil stands always in opposition to the good. To oppose the good is evil.

This gives credence to the wonderful thought that
    "I don't want to know one thing about evil, I just want to know what's good."
  9. Gizmo

Gizmo Chief Site Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    We've been basically locked down here in Webb City and Joplin since about the 16th. So far we've got 4 confirmed cases. They are all at the hospital now.

I've been doing all the necessary shopping and going around. Sue can go out with me (because she would go stir-crazy otherwise), but she doesn't go inside ANYWHERE.

Now, I don't want to unduly scare anyone, but let me lay some basic math on ya.

First, Johns Hopkins has a dandy website: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
    Using the numbers from there:

3/27 U.S. REPORTED COVID-19 infection toll:

3/27 U.S. REPORTED COVID-19 Death toll:

Average time from infection to death: 14 days. (can run up to 8 weeks, but MOST cases are around this, so I'm hearing, though I can't find a good source of numbers)
    Average time to double infections (spread rate): 3 Days (based on the Johns Hopkins data).
    Average mortality rate: 2% (based on data from https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus#what-do-we-know-about-the-risk-of-dying-from-covid-19)

Let's work backwards here (bear in mind that I am making what I HOPE are worst-case assumptions):

2,467 currently dead. They were infected, on average, 2 weeks ago. That means that 2 weeks ago, using the 2% mortality, we ALREADY had 123,350 people infected (when we were REPORTING 2,700 cases). That's not a wild guess, that's basic math.

If the number of infected doubles every 3 days, that means in 14 days it will double basically 5 times (not quite, but close enough).

That means that RIGHT NOW, we have not 141K infected, but potentially 4 MILLION.

By Tuesday, our death toll will hit 5K. By next weekend, it will be 11K. By Easter, we could be losing 1,000 people every DAY.

The way we beat this is by not being stupid.

Stay home unless you HAVE to go out. Wash your hands thoroughly after every encounter. Soap is your FRIEND. Maintain your distance from others as much as possible.

If we are serious about this, we should be mostly out of the woods by May and can start getting back to our regularly scheduled lives.

If we don't, we are well and truly screwed. If we don't, by June we will ALL be infected, and there will be 20 million dead in the U.S. That's not a scare tactic. That's MATH folks. Math doesn't give a SHIT what your politics are. Reality doesn't care who you voted for; it will kill a Democrat just as dead as a Republican, and never bother to ask who you support.

So ask yourself this; how many people are you willing to kill with your stupidity? How many of your brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, mothers, fathers, nieces, and nephews will you walk up to, put a gun to their heads, and pull the trigger? Because that's what we are talking about.
  10. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

My state tells people to stay at home. Not as easy as it sounds because we're accustomed to eating. Supermarket shelves have a lot of free space I'm told.

Because of obstruction by the Ignorant and Proud ones we have far, far more cases of infection than the official numbers reveal.
  11. Daniel~

Home page:
    Here's what troubles me most. South Korea knocked it down in under a month.
    Italy tried to implement the same plan, they were less successful in the beginning.

But now the cases keep raising doubling every 60 hours. Lock down does not seem to be working. Milan looks like an ad for the movie "The last man on Earth" and still the numbers keep going up.

There's at lest a possibility that Italy may not be fighting the Same Covid-19 that South Korea faced.

Influenza in 1918 took many the world trembles as we enter the Summer of 1919
    they projected millions of deaths. Influenza failed to show up.
    To this day no one knows why. We don't know where it came from but we know how it spread. It started in a US military training camp. Then we sent our boys out to spread it all over the world. War loves the virus.

Mutation is to be feared. The longer this goes on the more people it infects the greater the chance of mutation.

This is going to be bad, Trumpet has and will continue to make it worse.

We will see more death than any other country on Earth and by a wide margin.
    This wave is doing in our medical responders, Fire and police. The next wave will take out their replacements, Retired medical people and Military Doctors and nurses. The retired and there fore most at risk are rejoining their colleagues in the fight.

It would be insane to send in our replacements before we have enough medical gear to protect them. We are very close to NEEDING them now. and are doing a complete shit show getting masks, gowns and gloves. We are asking our medics to sacrifice themselves until gear arrives. And this they willing do.

If it burns it;s way through them, it will end only when the last person recovers and there are none left to infect. Or the much scorned Science gives us a vaccine or a cure.

Stay home The life you save maybe mine.":O}
  12. danrok

danrok Administrator Staff Member

Explanation of lockdown and reporting lag here:

Forward to 8m30s.

13. Daniel~

Home page:
    A truly great informative post Danrok!
    It's very good to know that I was wrong, Lock down is Working!!

The increase in new testing threw me off as far as Italy goes.
  14. danrok

danrok Administrator Staff Member

I hope its working.

The figures can be a bit confusing because of the way people are tested and counted.

I'm not sure if they're only attributing deaths in hospitals to COVID-19.

How can anyone really count anything correctly in a place like India for example?
  15. Daniel~

Home page:
    India, India endures, She's hardly moved ahead, to many violent divisions. to many entrenched and corrupt pols. Not to mention way to much foreign intervention.
    India has always been on my "Someday maybe" list.

Patti just informed me The Roosevelt A US Aircraft carrier is infected badly and begging for medical help.. The Captain is demanding his sailors be taken off the ship. 70 cases in less than a week!! It's stationed in Guam.

To be so sick so far from home. May they find God's mercy.

Trummpy dribble is demanding that Governors show him personally "Appreciation" In order to get supplies. Is it ill legal to hope someone coughs in his face?
    news came out yesterday that in early December Trump attended a meeting On the coming Covid. US Senators in attendance told him they REALLY needed to get ready with supplies and personal.. They were told no. Tummy shit would take care of everything and then he did nothing.
    Tuumy shit Held a phone conference yesterday with our state Governors Who pleaded for federal aid. Especially testing supplies.

Tummy informed them that he hadn't heard anything about anyone needing testing supplies in weeks! Then told the public that supplies going to New York were going out the back door. All but accusing Governor Comey of stealing them. Then he hung up on them

Hell is made of and for creatures like Tum tum.
  16. LutaWicasa

LutaWicasa Member

Home page:
    Com'on Dannyboy...we all KNOW this is all Obama's fault, right?
    And...what about those emails????

;)
  17. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

I sincerely hoped that I would never see the word "pandemic" in my lifetime. There are FAR fewer test kits than we need in Americursed by Trump- and doctors and nurses are dying unnecessarily for lack of personal protection devices.

Can ineptitude be enough to describe the malicious uselessness of the more than a monster in the White House? No. He's malignant beyond imagination. Florida received more supplies than it needed in record time. But if a state that doesn't love the monster in chief asks for sorely need medical supplies it's derided and ignored.

Can someone explain to me the breaking of the law of physics that's firmly in place around the Lump of excrement? Such an enormous magnetic field defies all understanding. Junkyards full of broken cars SHOULD be flying toward IT at literally supersonic speeds. But no, there is no justice.

The Dems stole Bernie's lead in the primary field. They hate his ideas so much that they literally want Trump instead. So we will get Trump lite in the person of the porcine Joe Biden. Unless that charming Electoral College (go slaveholders!) just HAS to see the complete wreckage of Life As We Knew It.
  18. Daniel~

Home page:
    Yes! trummy been trying to tell us how horrible Obama treated us. But he's less upset about the E-mails as he can't read.
  19. Kaitain

Kaitain Active Member

XKCD explains the logic of self-isolation very well, as usual: https://www.xkcd.com/2287/

For my own part, I was relocated back to the UK a couple of weeks ago as flight cancellations meant we couldn't stay in a less-than-stable country any longer, a couple of days before the UK entered its own lockdown. Thankfully, still working from home as far as possible.
  20. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Wonderful to see you on the board, Kaitain! Sorry that you're probably losing some overseas pay. Very glad that you are safe at home! Thanks for the xkcd link.