1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wine DXVK - The Future with Vulkan

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Mar 21, 2018.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Mar 21, 2018.

1. batmanm0b1e
    YOU might need the steam version. not GOG for ABZU. That's what the guy said he installed it.
    booman likes this.
  2. booman
    I hope not. I wonder why it would make a difference?
    The DRM version should always run better because there is nothing authenticating it.
    But like the error shows, I think Vulkan isn't installed properly... on top of that, I'm reading all kinds of old and new posts about Vulkan. Some say "you need winevulkan.json" others say "you don't need winevulkan.json" some say "you need d3d11.dll & dxgi.dll overrides"
    I'm getting really confused.
  3. lyr3
    DXVK == DX11
  4. Zeioth
    I've performed all the steps but I can't see the HUD. There's an easy method to test this? Some free DX11 game or benchmark?
  5. Sputnik_tr_02
    Which game did you try? Perhaps DXVK was not working for the game you tried. You can download one of the Unigine benchmarks for windows and try. They have dx11 tests i believe.
  6. Sputnik_tr_02
    Yes i was talking about Call of Pripyat. It was one of the first dx11 games but it relies on some dx10 stuff it seems. See here
  7. lyr3
    hey guys, could anyone please post Witcher 3 (dxvk) Guide?! thanks!
  8. booman
    I finally got DXVK working in PlayOnLinux
    Its fairly simple once I got the proper versions of everything in place.
    The REAL problem is that PlayOnLinux developers aren't compiling Wine versions with Vulkan. But Lutris developers are.
    So I'm going to mention it on the PlayOnLinux forum and see if anyone wants to help.

At this point PlayOnLinux is starting to become a bigger hassle than normal.
    I'm not using PlayOnLinux available wine versions for newer games and I have do to manual winetricks overrides for stuff like vcrun2015 and dotnet 4.6.2
  9. Sputnik_tr_02
    Yes it is much easier now, we no longer need all those registry stuff etc. All we need is Vulkan ready drivers for gpu, a compatible wine build and DXVK dlls. And i finally got S.T.A.L.K.E.R Call of Pripyat running with DXVK

Edit: Oh! Forgot to mention that I'm looking forward to see your guides with DXVK. Peace!
  10. booman
    Great!
    We still have to do the overrides in Wine Configuration, but yes its so much easier now.
    After messing with it for two weeks I found out the problem is PlayOnLinux provided versions of Wine do not have Vulkan installed.
    This was my major hold-up.

Now its just making sure I have the right driver, Wine version and DXVK version.
    Kind of a pain, but it finally works!

Here is my Linux newbee guide:
    http://www.gamersonlinux.com/forum/threads/dxvk-guide.2540/#post-20169
  11. batmanm0b1e
    awesome Sputnik_tr_02 can you post a guide to do it. I commented also under your video :)
  12. Sputnik_tr_02
    UPDATED: Latest DXVK master now have dx10 support so we no longer need the fake dx10 workaround anymore and game runs in both dx10 and dx11 modes using DXVK

Hi @batmanm0b1e ; i used these steps

1) Update: Download a wine build with vulkan support from Lutris runners website; i have used This

2) Extract it into; "/home/username/.PlayOnLinux/wine/linux-amd64/"

3) Open PlayonLinux, click on configure, and click on new (bottom left) virtual drive creator wizard will appear, click next and select 64 bit windows installation and click next, select the wine version that installed in the first step, click next and name the virtual drive.

4) Select the drive in configuration window and click on Install components tab and install these;
    - d3dx9
    - d3dx10
    - d3dx11
    - d3dcompiler_43
    - vcrun2008
    note: I am not sure if all of these required but i installed them to make sure

5) Download Steam Windows Installer then Navigate to Miscellaneous tab and click on Run a .exe file in this virtual drive and install steam.

6) Update: Use DXVK 0.70 or abowe or you can download latest DXVK master binaries, from here . Open your file manager and navigate to virtual drive that you created and;
    - extract 32bit d3d10.dll , d3d10_1.dll , d3d10core.dll , dxd11.dll and dxgi.dll into "drive_c/windows/syswow64/" overwrite if asked
    - extract 64bit d3d10.dll , d3d10_1.dll , d3d10core.dll , dxd11.dll and dxgi.dll into "drive_c/windows/system32/" overwrite if asked

7) Open PlayonLinux, click on configure, select the virtual drive that you created and from General tab create a shortcut for Steam; select the shortcut and ad this into the box where it says Arguments;
    Code:
    -no-cef-sandbox
    this is for Steam store but sometimes doesn't work

8) Update: Navigate to Wine tab and click Configure Wine and from Wine Config tool select Libraries tab and add these overrides and set them to native
    Code:
    d3d10
    d3d10_1
    d3d10core
    d3d11
    dxgi
    and click Ok.

9) Update: Navigate to Miscellaneous tab and put these into the box where it says Command to exec before running the program;
    Code:
    export DXVK_HUD=version,devinfo,fps
    export DXVK_DEBUG_LAYERS=0
    export VK_ICD_FILENAMES=/usr/share/vulkan/icd.d/nvidia_icd.json
    note: The last variable is for Nvidia cards if you have AMD you will need to change it according to your setup

10) Install S.T.A.L.K.E.R Call of Pripyat via Steam and try.

Note: It may be necessary to use emulate a virtual desktop option in the wine config. (Thanks to @adcdam for the feedback) if you are having a black screen problem.

Hope it works.
  13. Sputnik_tr_02
    Well S.T.A.L.K.E.R Call of Chernobyl standalone mod also works in the same Virtual Drive.

14. adcdam
    i tried and didnt work i dont have file
    nvidia_icd.json in /usr/share/vulkan/icd.d im not using ubuntu, im suing funtoo
  15. adcdam
    i found the file i have nvidia_icd.json in /etc/vulkan/icd.d , i tried changing to
    export VK_ICD_FILENAMES=/etcvulkan/icd.d/nvidia_icd.json
    but it didnt work i have the cube runing so vulkan works but i can not launch the game
    can you try Anomaly mod? it has a 64 bit engine
  16. adcdam
    its really strange because i can get DXVK working with games like Deus Ex Human revolution , Kingdom Come Deliverance and Skyrim SE but not Stalker. In anomaly mod i only get a black screen.
  17. Sputnik_tr_02
    I will try Anomaly mod in the same prefix as soon as i have time. By the way, are you using PlayonLinux? That env variable may be set differently in other tools like Lutris. I used that env variable because game was complaining that my hardware was not capable to run the game, do you have the same warning or game just crashes?
  18. Sputnik_tr_02
    I have tested Anomaly mod in the same prefix that i use for Call of Pripyat and it works for me, both dx10 and dx11 works with DXVK.

booman likes this.
  19. adcdam
    how did you install all those d3dcompilers? the only d3dcompiler i have is d3dcompiler_43
  20. Sputnik_tr_02
    Those are installed by Directx.
    booman likes this.